Thursday, August 6, 2009

Joshua Jones


Hello my name is Joshua Jones and I’m a rising senior at Lafayette College. I’m interning with the Old Allentown Preservation for the summer. Receiving this internship has meant a lot to me and I enjoy every minute I’m working with the organization. Last week Carmen (who is another associate of the Old Allentown Preservation) and I took a group of kids ages 8-11 to the art museum in Allentown and spent the day there doing projects teaching them a little about art. Then we came back to the office and did activities with kids such as hula hooping and playing the drums. This was a lot of fun and the kids seemed to be having a lot of fun also. Events and activities like this are great for kids because they are learning and having fun all at the same time. More events like these are needed in communities and do nothing but help push them in the right way starting with the kids. I just hope with my little time at Old Allentown Preservation I can help their cause in bringing Allentown back to its old self.

No comments: